Luke 23:28-31 But Jesus turning unto them said, Daughters of Jerusalem, weep not for me, but weep for yourselves, and for your children. For, behold, the days are coming, in the which they shall say, Blessed are the barren, and the wombs that never bare, and the paps which never gave suck.
These are the words of the Lord Jesus Christ as he was being led to the cross where he was crucified for the sins of the world.
Over the past two centuries nobody ever imagined this would happen. What woman would scorn the birth of her child much less put it to death? But today, Abortion sweeps our nation, nay it sweeps the world. Millions of unborn babies are aborted (Killed) before they are born. And now in some states babies can even be aborted (Killed) after they leave the womb.
Since 1973, when Roe v. Wade was decided, over 57 million babies have been denied the right to life. This tragedy is a devastating mark upon our culture, and even more sickening is that there is an entire industry profiting from each child killed in the womb.
State after state is passing liberal Abortion laws. Some facts listed in 2014: (and they haven’t improved in the last 5 years).
- Nearly half (45%) of all pregnancies among U.S. women in 2011 were unintended, and about four in 10 of these were terminated by abortion.
- Nineteen percent of pregnancies (excluding miscarriages) in 2014 ended in abortion.
- Approximately 926,200 abortions were performed in 2014, down 12% from 1.06 million in 2011. In 2014, some 1.5% of women aged 15–44 had an abortion. Just under half of these women (45%) reported having a previous abortion.
- The abortion rate in 2014 was 14.6 abortions per 1,000 women aged 15–44, down 14% from 16.9 per 1,000 in 2011. This is the lowest rate ever observed in the United States; in 1973, the year abortion became legal, the rate was 16.3.
- At 2014 abortion rates, one in 20 women (5%) will have an abortion by age 20, about one in five (19%) by age 30 and about one in four (24%) by age 45.
Who would have ever thought this would happen! And what about worldwide?
The data on abortions displayed on the Worldometers’ counter is based on the latest statistics on worldwide abortions published by the World Health Organization (WHO). According to WHO, every year in the world there are an estimated 40-50 million abortions. This corresponds to approximately 125,000 abortions per day.
For more facts on Abortion just GOOGLE “abortion” and read the horrible statistics listed there.
As of December 31, 2018, there have been some 41.9 million abortions performed in the course of the year, Worldometers revealed. By contrast, 8.2 million people died from cancer in 2018, 5 million from smoking, and 1.7 million died of HIV/AIDS. …
It also records the total number of abortions in the world, based on the latest statistics on abortions published by the World Health Organization (WHO).
Globally, just under a quarter of all pregnancies (23 percent) were ended by abortion in 2018, and for every 33 live births, ten infants were aborted.
The words of the Lord Jesus Daughters of Jerusalem, weep not for me, but weep for yourselves, and for your children. For, behold, the days are coming, in the which they shall say, Blessed are the barren, and the wombs that never bare, and the paps which never gave suck.
We can only join with the apostle John as he concludes the book of Revelation: (22:20-21) He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.